Lundtofte church was built on local initiative, and the construction project received great popular support. At the dedication in 1921, about half of the funding went to the church, through voluntary contributions.
There are about 200 seats in the church.
Several gravestones at Lundtofte cemetery are still preserved, although the burial sites no longer exist. The stones have been selected by the City History Collection, to show different types of tombstones that have been at Lundtofte cemetery. At the same time, the memory of people and businesses in Lundtofte parish is preserved. The oldest stones in the cemetery are from 1926.
Ledøje Church is the only Danish church built on two floors, each of which is an independent church.
The small brick church was built in 1225, is one of Denmark’s most peculiar buildings from the Middle Ages. The church dates from the beginning of the 13th century. Probably it was built as a kind of manor house for a manor house that disappeared early. The architecture is unusual because the church has two floors. From the upper floor you can look down to the lower floor. The top floor may have been for the lordship. The architecture is known from the Czech Republic and the Bohemian area, where these churches are most often castle chapels. Several of the building parts in Ledøje are imported from the Netherlands. Therefore, the church is also a monument to a time when Denmark had really become part of Europe.
The original Romanesque church is believed to have been built around 1170. It consisted of a nave and a smaller choir. It was built of raw hewn boulders. According to legend, it was decided at Isøre tinge to introduce Christianity in Smørum. Stones were collected in the field for construction and a plot between Hove and Smørumovre was selected. But what was built by day was torn down by night by evil forces. Therefore, the church building was moved to its current location. The long nave of the present nave dates from the original church. In 1396 the tower was erected and presumably at the same time the original choir was demolished and the expanded choir added. The tower and the current choir are built in monk stone as well as squares in fax limestone and Scanian sandstone. According to legend, the tower was built of demolition material from Ledøje Church’s castle.